Dry Rub Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Mix all the ingredients together making sure the mixture has no clumps in it
- Using your fingers sprinkle the mixed ingredients onto the steak then rub it on to the steak. Make sure this is done on both sides of the steak.
- When finished with rubbing the mixed spiced on both side of the steak, rap the steak in a plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for approximately 6 hours.
When ready to cook take the steaks out and allow to sit for approximately 20-30 minutes before cooking on the grill or pan.